Today is my favorite day to be the CEO of Venture L.
Today we turn the corner from ugly and clunky to simple and integrated.
There was no way around it…Venture L 1.0 had to be built from scratch. The future of the freelance economy is meaningful relationships, and we needed to align our data architecture with your workflow to optimize for micro-networks. This meant slashing the deepest sources of friction within your workflow and relentlessly prioritizing product over vanity growth metrics. While painful, you early pioneers went over and above. Some of you automated 80% of onboarding. Some of you scaled from a couple close freelancers to a trusted tribe of 27. And most important, some crossed the chasm from ‘gigs’ to large projects (with retainers and an average project size of $10k).
Venture L 2.0 is about simplicity and integration.
The foundation is built, now time to reap the rewards such as:
- Running your Collective completely out of Slack. Hiring, collaborating and growing your tribe without members ever touching Venture L.
- Automating your job matching. Posting once and find matching the right member of your tribe within 72 hours (and no email tag!).
- Finding freelancers you’ll become lifetime collaborators with.
It’s an exciting time to be a freelancer. We’re here to make your freelance journey collaborative.
Updates on simple features to transform your business today:
1: Referrals – Visibility, Tracking, $$$
FINALLY! The debate over double opt-in intro’s is dead. Instead use Venture L.
On every job post, you can now click one button and send the job to a freelancer you think would be a great fit. Simply text, email, whichever you already use to share the link.
We automatically track this historically so at the end of each quarter you can see how much you’ve made it rain!!
We’ve also enabled 8% referral payments on the total contract price. So you both can have a massive pizza party at the end of the year.
2: Collective Job Posting – Join or grow your trusted tribes through jobs
Growing your freelancer cloud has never been easier. With one click, you can post opportunities across your various communication channels.
Say goodbye to manually posting jobs across Slack, Twitter and email.
This moves matching the right freelancer from heavily manual (you playing tag with your spreadsheet and email) to extremely lightweight – less than 5 minutes to post, freelancers automatically applying and referring to their network.
It also makes bringing opportunities into the Collective collaborative. Instead of you doing all the work, this provides a way for fellow Collective members to post their opportunities.
How Collective Works:
1: In your Collective, add the job and we’ll handle everything from posting across your channels to the relevant freelancers applying.
*The average time matching job to freelancer right now is 3 days.
2: When freelancers apply, you’ll receive an email notification with their Venture profile.
If you’re hiring directly, their Venture page will include the relevant portfolio example, a Calendar link, contract and payment integrations to start working in seconds.
3: If you’re referring them to a client, share their Venture link to wow your client.
*A common use case for winning large deals is showing off your talent pool. We’ll be shipping group views where you can export or share a group view of freelancers for a project.
We’re seeing great success in freelancers sending these Venture pages directly to clients.
3: Cloud Builder – Find the right freelancer in seconds
Do you need a graphic designer ASAP?
We know…finding a person you trust is hard.
Which is why we built CloudBuilder – to recommend you the right people in seconds.
Tell us what you need and we’ll recommend 5 freelancers. If you like them – grab coffee then put them in your cloud.
How to Use Cloud Builder: DM me your skill needs and find 5 profiles in your Freelancer Relationship Manager the next day.
4: Venture Pages – Stand out from the crowd
We re-engineered a freelancer profile from the ground up.
Unfortunately LinkedIn and website creators weren’t built for us.
LinkedIn is crowded and makes you look like everyone else (without flexing the power of your network).
A website can be expensive (including support & maintenance costs) and only clients that already like you will see it.
Instead, a Venture page does 3 things:
- Flexes your collective potential.
- Optimizes the client experience. Clients are pretty consistent…they need to trust you in seconds, and trust is built through an exact portfolio example. Instead of manually sending exact portfolio examples, Clients can customize their views.
- Puts your important links in one place so clients can go from interested to sold in seconds.
Check out these awesome Venture pages:
You’re more than a freelancer, you’re a business owner and your business is an incredible client experience.
Unfortunately this can be manually intensive and there’s a lack of best practices around this experience.
Until today, because we’ve built a marketplace of client resources you can trust.
Find templates for:
- Status Updates
- Case Studies
- And more
- Pricing database so you know exactly what you should charge, and what other freelancers charge.
- Roadmaps so you know the exact milestones and deliverables freelancers are giving their clients.
We stay committed to providing an incredible experience by vetting our closed Beta.
LeadRun a Thriving Community
- I want to grow a thriving tribe of 50+ freelancers
- Build One Place To Run Your Collective
- Drive Leads To Your Collective Through Our Marketplace
- Integrate up to 10 Apps (G-Drive, G-Mail, + more)
CollaborateRefer Work and Create Teams In Seconds
- I love to collaborate and refer but don't want to manage
- Earn 8% on Each Referral
- Create Teams In Seconds Through Automated Network Matching
- House Your Trusted 15-50 Freelancers