We know these are especially trying times. Over the past couple of months, we’ve met with leading organizations, and for most people and organizations, what’s true today won’t be true tomorrow. Before Covid, the freelance economy was already expected to be over half the workforce in the next 5 years. Because of Covid, this trend has accelerated. For many of you, in January you might not have expected to be a freelancer. You might have been a general manager, or a director.
We understand that, and we want you to know that you can thrive in the freelance economy. Freelancing is different. You don’t have a salary. But your expertise is extremely valuable, and instead of ‘changing’ to be a freelancer, it’s about adjusting the way you deliver that expertise. In order to help kickstart this, we’d like to offer you free access to our Ultimate Guide to Freelancing Course.
By week 3 of the course, you’ll be ready to start taking projects. By completion of the course, you’ll have acess to the Venture L community, where you can meet other freelancers who are building their network and looking to collaborator with experts like yourself.
Take control over your freelance journey today.
This course is for all levels of freelancers.
We’re in the midst of unprecedented change.
Millions of extremely talented experts have lost their jobs to absolutely no fault of their own. Freelancing is a way to embrace your expertise and keep working. Whether you want to be a full time freelancer, want to use freelance to make ends meet, or see what the promise is all about, in this course we’ll learn, plan, perform, then scale your freelance business.
What to Expect
4 weeks, mix of content & assignments delivered in your inbox 2-3 times a week
Week 1: Learn
- why is freelancing here today
- what can freelancing mean for you
- how will you seize this opportunity
- The Basics
- What is a freelancer
- Why do people freelance
- Where do people freelance
Week 2: Plan to put yourself in the best position to succeed
- The customer
- Who hires freelancers
- Why do companies hire freelancers
- How do companies hire freelancers
- What are the hair on fire risks for hiring freelancers
- Creating your freelance profile
- How freelancing is the ultimate customization and personalization
- How to reframe your experience
- Building 2 case studies
Week 3: Perform by winning your first project and consistently exceeding expectations
- How to identify your first project
- Start small
- Identify ideal projects
- Identify potential channels
- How to meet the right people
- How to win that project
- Set expectations
- Speak their language
- How to kickass and exceed expectations
- Being proactive
- Following the roadmap
- Optimizing communication
- Going above and beyond
Week 4: Scaling your FL business to get out of the rollercoaster and enable consistency and control
- Your channels of Growth
- Identify your channels
- Optimize your channels
- Your engine’s of growth
- Working with other freelancers
- Leveraging tools and technology
- Optimizing your 80/20 through standardization
- Building your flywheel (personal brand and inbound marketing